Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Southern Hospitality

Hello lovelies,

I am back in Paris after a marvelous lunch with Flora and then beaucoup de traveling!   I had the best time in New Orleans and have decided to implement a few things that I noticed during my Southern sejour.  My trip confirmed that Southern Hospitality is alive and well.  While I didn't encounter any stereotypical Southern Belles (dommage!), the "Yes Ma'am, No Ma'ams" and "Y'all Have a Nice Days" flowed freely from the lips of locals and (gasp!) New Yorkers-turned-New Orleanians!  Imagine my shock when I returned to New York (and Paris) where the Please (S'il Vous Plait) or Thank You's (Merci) are few and far between.  

Why is it that manners are alive and well down South and yet in the North we just can't seem to mind our Ps and Qs?

So, post-NOLA, this Eternal Intern has decided to adopt the manners and charm characteristic of our southern neighbors!  I'll start by perfecting my Mint Julep recipe (I already make a fab Red Velvet cake!) and when the weather permits, expect handwritten invitations to garden parties (Yes, I am aware that my little Parisian apartment does not have a garden!) and 7-course dinner parties that last into the wee hours of the morning!



And while I'm at it, why not add a little Southern flair to my wardrobe?

Ophelia's Outfits

Bisous mes belles,

x. Ophelia

Photo Credits:
Powerprotein.com

1 comment:

  1. i loooooooooooove it all!!!!
    you girls rock!
    sam

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails