Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Double Whammy

I just got back from a perfect evening.  I went to see back to back movies at the Arclight, Hollywood.

The Imaginarium of Dr. ParnAssus is an absolute visual delight.  I will admit that I believe it to be the type of movie that one either hates or loves.  I fall into the latter category and absolutely loved it!  Firstly, it was such a wonderful piece of satire that exploits the flaws of human nature and to say that the story is intricate would be an understatement.  Secondly, all the scenes that take place within the imaginations of the characters were like all my favorite surrealist paintings all mashed up into one and combined with superb acting from Christopher Plummer, Heath Ledger and wonderful appearances from Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell.


NINE is a slight disappointment, but nonetheless it is fun and a must-see. At the very least you will fall in love with Italy and Daniel Day-Lewis all over again!  The story is definitely lacking, but the beautiful ladies, clothes, and scenic shots definitely make up for it ;)

I would also like to include here the amazing imagery of the latest, highly-anticipated work from Tim Burton... Alice In Wonderland.  I have had the pleasure of reading this script and am counting down the days to a special 3D experience! Get excited, ladies!
xxx Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails