Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

A “full-time” deception

Hey Rose! And I was hoping you’d come by NY one of these days L

I’m a little in the same situation as you… I mean when I look at the work we put into our jobs and what we get out of them I just go crazy! The sad thing is that there is nothing I can do about it right now…and regardless of the fact that I’m now working and no longer an intern, the pay is still shit.

I’m still struggling at the end of the month to pay my rent. I’m still not going out to restaurants as much as I could have dreamed I would. I’m still not gonna be going on a Caribbean vaca this year (I don’t even have the days for it…)…My piggy bank is empty! 

It just seems  as though so much that I was looking forward to in a full-time position has been a deception. And yes, I’m talking about the money. I relate to the “Occupy” movement…no I haven’t gone down and protested myself, but I’m totally there in spirit.

Our entire generation is working their asses off and what do we get in return? We get to pay off the debt we accumulated all throughout college for the rest of our lives…yup, that’s pretty much it right now…

Ok, I guess you can tell I’m clearly not having a hunky dory day today….my ex-obsession hot intern has turned into a nightmare….

To be continued ladies…

Flora xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails