Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Back to Reality


Coucou les filles,
What to say…I’ve been on cloud nine all weekend, and only now am I coming back down to earth, to reality and to my senses.

And so, I panic: Engaged?!? Me?!? I still don’t quite get it…are you not supposed to have finished that “internship” period of life and be settled in a full-time job by the time you get engaged?

I shouldn’t be engaged! I’m doing everything backwards! I can’t be engaged and be offered internships! I should be engaged and get a full-time job proposition! No? Yes? I’m so confused - how can I of all people be engaged!?!

Actually, I can indeed answer that question - as I have the most wonderful boyfriend…err…hmm I mean fiancĂ© (wow that sounds awkward too!). But seriously, I’m a twenty something catastrophe! My life is barely in order; I’m soon going to have to leave the country or face deportation; my income is ‘inexistente’ (as the Spanish would say…) right now, and I’m contemplating becoming a NY dog walker to make ends meet…

How can I be engaged?!? me, the "Eternal Intern"...

This said, I may be doing everything backwards, but perhaps backwards is the way to go for me. Life isn’t always a straight, direct, common sense path to success…sometimes it’s the twists in the road, the awkward moments, the “imprĂ©vu”, and the “inattendu” that make life what it is and bring spontaneous happiness and surprise to unexpected moments.

I am thrilled to be engaged. I am thrilled to be one of the first and only “Engaged Intern”…just as long as I don’t become a “Married Intern”….to be continued…

photo credit:
http://photoboos.com/images/20080620035108_20080316-1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails