Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

A Girl Can Dream

Hello my dear girls,
I am so sorry for not writing sooner, but I have been doing a different kind of writing - letter writing!  As you know, I am a huge fan of the Let's Bring Back column on the Huffington Post and it has now been turned into an Encyclopedia!  I can't wait to purchase my copy.  Anyway, I was inspired by a recent round of "Let's Bring Back" and decided to sit down and write notes to people I haven't spoken to in a while (and to reach out to new people, including Lesley MM Blume, the journalist behind the column!).  After spending an ungodly amount of time on my computer last week, it felt so nice to sit down and write.  It is incredible how reliant we have become on backspace and spell-check - writing really is a mental exercise!

Naturally, my throwback to days gone by got me thinking about my current situation.  I look at columns like Let's Bring Back and I wonder why I can't have a job like that!  I have been going to interviews and applying to jobs just for the sake of applying, but I am secretly (ok, not so secretly) jealous of women who get to do exactly what they love!  Take Ms Blume, for example, what a fabulous job to write such a fun, inspiring column!  I was also recently put in touch with a very lovely friend of a friend working at a great UK publication. She also has the dream job.... her dream job!   Is it naive to want to enjoy my job?  I am lucky enough to be raised by parents who do exactly what they have always wanted to do.  Both have unconventional careers that reflect their interests and personalities and they seem truly happy.

I have decided, I will not settle.  I know what I would love to do, so why should I settle for less?  Call me naive, call me what you will, but there are people out there who are truly happy to go to work each day.... so why shouldn't I be one of them?

Bisous xx Ophelia

PS.  It doesn't help that I watched Cinderella yesterday, I am now a permanent resident of Disney dream world!  x


Ophelia's Outfits

3 comments:

  1. never back down ophelia!
    the biggest mistake you can make is to settle for less!!
    keep working hard and you'll see - it WILL pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never settle for anything!! (btw that "lovely friend of a friend" started out in publishing and took a few turns to get to her dream job too!!! :) ) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ophelia, your post made me think of one of my favourite quotes:

    "When you discover your mission, you will feel it's demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it."

    God speed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails