Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Black Friday In The Hills

I don't normally like to venture out to shop on Black Friday or Boxing Day, but I had a sneaking suspicion that, since the majority of LA would be vacant with its migrants returning to their respective home cities during this long weekend, the stores wouldn't be the usual crowded mess that I am used to.  I was right!
I started my day on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City and ended up at the Beverly Center, where I had the honor to witness America at its finest, with a special performance from our very own Hunky Santa!  After the show, the audience (including kids) was encouraged to take pictures with the Hunk.  It was quite a spectacle and definitely unique to Beverly Hills ;)  LOL.  At first I was embarrassed for this topless Santa, but once my Chai Latte was at a temperature my tongue could bare, my criticisms and objections melted away with each sip!  Thank goodness for Starbucks!

I did well on my shopping trip, but will definitely be staying away from all temptations in the following few weeks, and concentrate solely on X-Mas gifts.

Ophelia, your trip sounds fantastic and I can't wait to see more pics!

Flora, I wish you were out here for the long weekend!  The weather was absolutely superb, a typical fall day in SoCal.  Sunny and warm!


Two more topics that I wanted to address before I pass out this evening!

One, Flora, office gossip is a disease and infects everyone from the intern level to the very highest supervisor.  I am guilty of the crime myself and don't really know what to say about it except that it is human nature at its ugliest form.  Depending on the office, I do believe that interns probably get it worse than full time assistants and supervisors, because they are temporary and dispensable, therefore a healthy way for the office to gossip without shooting themselves in their own foot.  Gossiping about interns is almost forgivable because they don't really count!  Do they?


Second (and more importantly) as suggested by my dear friend Lily, I have soaked my face in Aloe Vera Gel tonight in hopes to help my skin problem.  I have mentioned before that I have been breaking out and Lily swears by Aloe Vera, so I am giving it a try.  Will keep you posted on my results!

Good night my dears.
All my love,
xxx Rose




Photo Credits:
http://msnbcmedia3.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/081212-santa-hmed-1236p.hmedium.jpg
http://cattyfeline.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/gossip1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails