Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

La Vita è Bella!

My dream escape is to the Hotel Le Sirenuse in Positano, Italy.  Today at work I found myself drifting back to the fabulous week I spent on the Amalfi Coast.

Once the summer home of the Marchesi Sersale, they opened the hotel in 1951.  When I was there a few years ago, Anna Sersale (then in her 90s) kindly invited us out on the family yacht out where we swim off the crystal blue Mediterranean coast.  How do you say "divine" in Italian?  Teetering on the steep Amalfi hills,  we would often sit on the balcony and take in the breathtaking views.  Despite a streep walk, the private beach beckons to you from down below. 




I must say that it is tempting to never leave your suite.  Each room is so gorgeously decorated and comfortable and again the views from the rooms are unimaginably stunning!   I must admit that during my time in Positano, I didn't see much of the town itself!

Breakfast on the small terrace followed by a dip in the pool is the perfect way to start off any day!  Oh I miss it so much!  I love my petit Parisian apartment, but when I am running off to work in the morning, I hardly have time to sip a Bellini on my little balcony!






La vita è bella in Paris, but Positano is truly paradiso!

Baci,

Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails