Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Three Dancers

Girls!  I know times are hard, but just remember that it is our ambition that has gotten us to where we are today!  If you weren't an E.I. in the exact industry and career path that you always dreamed of... you would probably be suffocating in your cubicle at your local bank! That is perfectly respectable for many people... but we want more!  The good, the bad and the ugly... I graciously accept all of it because one day when our assistants run to bring us our morning lattes, I will remember this moment in our lives... and I will be all the better of a boss because I will remember what it is like to be an Eternal Intern.. and I will always carry with me the endurance and dedication of an Eternal Intern!

Tonight I was invited to an extremely high profile party in the Hollywood Hills!  I didn't go... Why? 
Because my current boss, and ex-boss were also invited and chances are that they were going to attend!
You are probably asking yourself again... Why?
Well, ladies, I thought about it long and hard... and I concluded that all good things come to those who wait.
I cannot be impatient in my career, for then I risk coming across as arrogant and or disrespectful.  There is a right time and place for everything, and I truly believe it would have been highly inappropriate to have surprised my bosses in an environment where they themselves would be trying to connect with new faces in the industry.  You may not agree with my through process... but I stayed behind and found comfort in the fact that one day my day will come!  One day ALL of our days will come!  
One day WE will dance with the best of them!

With that thought... I bid thee a good night!  Sweet dreams, Eternal Interns!

xxx Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails