Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Cautionary Tale

Once upon a time there was an Eternal Intern named Ophelia.  Most would agree that she was a reasonable girl, who knew her limits and when to say "non merci."   Those who knew her well however, knew that Ophelia had a dark side....  A few weeks ago, Ophelia received an invitation in the mail for a housewarming party at the home of journalists Stephan et Yvette.  Knowing the couple and their worldly and sophisticated group of friends, Ophelia eagerly counted down the days until the soiree.  On the day of the fete, she shopped for a housewarming gift but forgot to eat.  Big mistake.  Upon arriving at the party in her prettiest housewarming dress, Ophelia was immediately served une coupe de champagne which flowed straight into the next one.  Before she knew it, young Ophelia was drunk.  Fortunately, the host, hostess and numerous guests also fell victim to the extremely attentive catering staff who never left a glass half empty.  Despite high levels of intoxication, it was a fabulous night.  Too bad Ophelia can't remember much of it.....

The End. 

Girls, I never thought I would see the day but I think I may have to swear off champagne.  I feel as though someone hit me over the head with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot after I drank the whole thing!  The pain is excruciating!  En plus, I have a faint recollection of getting a little emotional over the fact that this young couple had just purchased a home and I am still *just* an intern.   Looking around the gorgeously decorated 2 piece apartment just steps from the Seine made me green with envy (or maybe I was just green with nausea! Eeew!).  This brings me to the moral of this cautionary tale... Never mix champagne and deeply-buried envy.  It always comes bubbling to the surface....

Bisous x x x Ophelia

PS.  At least I looked cute!



Ophelia's Outfit

2 comments:

  1. GREAT post & LOVE the outfit - hawt! (No brainer on the shoes but what / whose jacket is that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie Ann! Isn't the jacket to die for? Here's the link... x Ophelia

    http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=20555&storeId=12554&categoryId=199990&parent_category_rn=103902&productId=1629386&langId=-1&cmpId=affwin&cmpid=affwin1

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails