I have been meaning to write for days, but I must confess, I have been glued to Mad Men. I put off watching it for years (not really sure why!) and I finally sat down to see what all the fuss was about a few days ago. Well, the fuss is justified! Between the clothes (Joan and Betty in particular... too gorgeous for words!) and Don Draper (also too gorgeous for words!) I have not been able to stop watching! I have literally watched 2.5 seasons in a matter of days! I am totally addicted!
What I wouldn't give to travel back in time to experience (just for a day!) what it would have been like. Sure, people were sexist, racist, unfaithful, chain-smoking alcoholics, but Mad Men makes them seem pretty damn cool! In the end we definitely have it better, but I think that in some aspects they had it right.... I love the men in hats and suits and I really don't see a problem with drinking at work! haha!
Anyway, one of the earlier episodes raised an interesting question... Are you a Jackie or a Marilyn? Having read numerous Jackie and Marilyn bios I think I'm a hybid of the two (leaning closer to a Jackie, I think) but it got me thinking about Jackie and Marilyn as Eternal Interns...
What do these rivals and social icons have in common with us?
* Jackie went to a girls' school, a university in New York and studied abroad in Paris.
* A young Jackie Bouvier held an entry level position at a well-known publication.
* Jackie started a new job in publishing after first "career" ended abruptly.
* Mrs Kennedy loved personalized stationary and handwritten Thank You notes!
* A young Norma Jean was destined to conquer Hollywood.* Marilyn Monroe worked her way to the top, she started with few Hollywood connections.
* MM understood the beauty and power of diamonds! haha!
I hope you're both well! I have a date with the ever-so-dashing Don Draper!
Bisous xx Ophelia