Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Xmas Card Drama!


It is 2:30am on the West Coast!

As an Eternal Intern, I dream of the day when I am eternally employed with a steady stream of income, but until then I remain an eternal intern with an eternally tight budget. (Try saying that 10x fast!)

I have more than a handful of important contacts that I have worked extremely hard to maintain over the past few years, and with the holidays just around the corner, I have to decide which privileged few will receive a handwritten note from yours truly and who will be the less privileged that will receive the same kind gesture in the form of an email.  I suppose this is what Santa goes through each year with his naughty or nice list!

Cutting down the recipient list has taken slightly longer than I had originally anticipated, but I have finally come to realize (after much persuasion from P) that we live in the age of the Blackberry/iPhone!  A kind gesture by any other name would still read as sweet, and therefore Holiday Wishes in written form is a grand way to communicate with my present and past colleagues, despite the medium of choice.  
I have managed to cut down my list of 30 recipients to 10.  I will not include my reasoning at this point of time, as I am afraid it not to make much sense... it is 2:30 in the morning after all! :)

Reporting live from Hollywood, California... this is your eternal intern Rose... wishing you a good night!

xxx Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails