Friday, February 26, 2010
Flora, I am glad you had a great time out on the town! How was the film? Rose, can my Other be someone I have never met? If so I would have to say Jackie Kennedy! I'm reading yet another Jackie book and she truly is my inspiration!
I have news, les filles. Despite claiming I would never intern again, I am starting a new internship on Monday! Now, here is the interesting part.... I am going back to the fashion magazine. This time I am heading to the fashion department! The question "To Intern or Not to Intern?" was weighing heavily on my mind during my trip to Guadeloupe, but I decided to delay responding to consider the pros and cons.
* Respected fashion magazine
* In my field of choice
* I already worked at the mag for 6 months so I know everyone and know my way around the office
* I would be working with lovely people (the fashion director is a delight!)
* More experience can't hurt...
* A chance to write?
* Surrounded by gorgeous clothes all day
* Four days a week, so I can still maintain the carefree lifestyle of an Eternal Intern!
* Unpaid! Enough is enough! I would eventually like to purchase the clothes I'll be schlepping all day!
* Yet another internship! Is it wrong to call myself an "assistant"?
* I already have the magazine on my CV so I won't be adding anything new.
What do you think? Did I make the right choice?
Posted by Ophelia