Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Calling All Contacts

Bonjour girls,
I am back in Paris after a lovely vacation.  Rose, we missed you so much in New York.  It was great having 2/3 of the Eternal Interns in the same city, but we are long overdue for a catch up!   Flora and I had a delicious dinner at Bar Boulud on the Upper West Side (we had the cutest waiter from New Orleans!) and then a low-key drink at Barcibo.  I remember a time when we would have been out on the town until the wee hours of the morning, but times have changed!  I was home in bed by midnight!   I left NYC on Friday night and my flight back to Paris was wonderful, I was upgraded by the good people at Air France! No complaints from this Eternal Intern!

And now, I am back in Paris ready to tackle 2011 head on!  Starting tomorrow, I will begin papering this town with my recently reviewed resume.  I am optimistic that this will be my year!  I have also decided to start calling friends and contacts who may be able to help me in my search for Eternal Employment.  When you think about it, we know so many people who have cut to the front of the line through nepotism and personal contacts!  It really isn't fair!  I was thinking about it on the plane and I have come to the realization that if I lived in New York, I would be all set!  I know all the right people to score a cool job, but I just cannot see myself living there at this point in my life.  Instead, I prefer to tough it out in Paris (haha, yeah, it is real tough living in Paris!) and make my own way.  Well, I have tried to do it alone for too long, it is about time I capitalize on some of those contacts I have accumulated.  Everybody does it, so why not me?  As I learned before the vacation, it only takes "one" meeting, person, encounter to open a door to employment.  And so out comes the rolodex and it is on!

I'll keep you posted but for now it is sunny and mild in Paris today, better take advantage!

Bisous xx Ophelia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails