Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Take That, Intern!

Ladies!

While you guys are gallivanting around the globe with your jobs, I have been stuck in internship rival hell! 

Here is what happened...

The production office was having a generally easy going day.  Everyone was laughing and joking around with each other and to my delight the interns were included!  Anyway, the other intern and I have been butting heads recently.  I don't really know what his problem is as I have done nothing but be extremely pleasant with him.  

Well, he decided it would be hilarious if he "facebook raped" my account and starting posting incredibly UNfunny comments on my friends walls and updating my status.  HA HA HA, hilarious!  OK, I went along with it as everyone was joking around.  So in return I flicked his ear and that is when he stopped laughing.

"Don't flick me."

HAHAH- ok?

"No really, don't f**king flick me!"

Wow, I couldn't believe it.  I mean, he "fraped" me!  It was a flick... a gentle flick!  Mother of God!  

So I sent him a casual apology email and said "sorry I flicked you"... well that didn't help the situation.  He responded with the most ridiculous email about office conduct and about how what I had done was so completely inappropriate and unacceptable behavior for an intern... blah blah blah... 

I swear it took every ounce of strength in me not to punch this guy in the face!  

Deep breaths...  Now excuse me while I calm down over a smooth Marlboro!  

xxx Rose

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rose,

    Unfortunately as in real life, in the work place you will also often come across difficult people.

    In many cases talking to such people has little or no effect, the best that you can do is to let it slide. Be the professional!

    Often people who dictate protocol are incapable of handling problems on a human level, such people often have complexes and have very little or no experience of real life let in the office! Thus they need guidelines to live by!

    As I mentioned before the best thing you can do is to behave professional, and you have done that already by apologizing. There is nothing more that you should do, and don’t let emotions get a hold of you, you cant have everybody love you, no matter how nice you are, sometimes people just don’t click. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails