Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Take me down to a Paradise... Sydney

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!  Oh won't you please take me home!

Flora, I am so glad to hear about your fabulous new internship and Ophelia, I think I cried a little when I read your email about 'The One'!

Here in sunny SoCal, amidst my internship madness I have found myself dreaming of my time in Sydney.   Work has been super interesting lately... I shouldn't be surpised, but I can't help myself with regards to the awards season.  The politics on the road to the Oscars is absolutely blowing my mind away!  It is an interesting and eye-opening process that is extremely invaluable for a young (ish) intern such as myself.   Yes, I am working about 13 hour days, but I am loving every minute of it!

I dont' know if it is the cooler weather in LA, or simply the fact that it has been over two years since the time that I lived in the lovely area of Elizabeth Bay with P, but I just can't get the city out of my mind!  Sydney will always be in my heart for a number of reasons.  It are the simple joys that I miss the most...  My walk to work downtown was one of these joys...  I would go down the famous steps of Wooloomooloo, past the wharf, up the steps to the Botanical Gardens and then through the downtown business core.  I am not one to use iPods/MP3 players, but this walk was well deserving of a soundtrack!  My music of choice was usually Feist and Jamie Cullum.  




Sydney is a lot like LA, now that I think about it...minus all the pollution, and, believe it or not, is more laid back!  Sydney is superior to LA in one tremendously  important category... its beaches!  This is why I refer to it as Paradise.  The white sand and warm waters make you feel like you are on vacation in the Carribean.  So excuse me while I return to my sweet daydreams to the soundtrack of Guns'N'Roses... 



Lots of love,
xxx Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails