Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Why settle on "one" when you can have so many!

Ophelia…in my opinion “the one” just doesn’t exist…that is in the professional sphere…haha…in love…well I guess it can ;)

What I mean by this, however, is that how can you settle for one job for the REST of your life??

Call me crazy, call me irrational, call me immature, but I find that the very fact that an internship usually lasts 6-12 months, is by far its most appealing quality. You NEVER get bored as an Eternal Intern - there is always something new just around the corner.

Of course, this can be destabilising to some…financially impossible to others…professionally insane perhaps…but having gotten back into the Eternal Intern game just 2 weeks ago, I have to say I love it! One thing that an internship offers you - beyond the excitement of new opportunities around the corner and diverse adventures, is also: open doors. Perhaps not always direct open doors into Eternal Employment (obvious I know...look at us!), but an internship does lead you places a full-time position wouldn’t necessarily always take you…

Take today for instance…I’ve been working on a series of events this past week for a very (very) well known fashion publication…Well, go figure who I had a meeting with today…

No, not Sofia…no, not our CEO…even better…the editor-in-chief of this oh-so-glam magazine we're working with! Yup, no joke…I, Flora, met with this most amazingly, intimidating, dautingly fabulous editor! Thank goodness the riding boots were polished, the Ralph vest was adequate…bref…I passed! I even spoke! Yes…I exchanged words with this ab-fab being!

I was the only intern invited …and felt right at home amongst the Director of Communication, Marketing, Shooting, Casting (yes only "directors" not a single entry/mid-level!!)…bref tout LE monde!

And, this isn’t a first…back in my novice intern days at X Fine Art Auction House, I once came face to face with a certain young gentleman…have you ever heard of Hugh Grant? Oh yes, well I just happened to participate in the sale of one of his Warhols…no biggie you know?

So girls, let’s be proud of our internships! We are obviously working towards (and hoping!) for Eternal Employment, but until then, let's be proud, let’s boast and brag, because at the end of the day we’ve had (and will continue to have) amazing experiences in absolutely unreal places! My hat goes off to you Ophelia! One more internship in the bag! You are a pro!

Les filles, I must run! Bisous bisous! F. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails